Friday 30 September 2016

This Could Have Happen to You.



My name is Rosaline from Accra. I lived with only my mother since my parents were no more together. The first time I encountered penetration by a boy was when I was in JHS one. I went to a party with my friends from school. My mother always told me not to allow any guy to take advantage of me and to stick together with my friends when I’m at parties.

All my friends said they wanted to have some fun with a guy and most of them said they had been with a guy. I had never been with a guy and didn’t want to. But at this party all my friends danced with guys and I went out of the party grounds with a guy who said he wanted to go somewhere quiet. I don’t know why I did that. He started touching me and I didn’t know what to do. He ended up forcing me to have sex with him. That was my first sexual encounter.

The unfortunate news is that two weeks from that incidence,   I started feeling funny which means something was wrong with me.I told my friends about it and they told me it was nothing so I shouldn't worry.

Well to cut long story short, I later realized I was pregnant. I told my friends who I was so close to. They gave me some concoction which was concealed in a used mineral water bottle. I drank it alright. I bled profusely for some time. This period was the worst time of my life. Since that time, I had experienced chronic pains in my abdomen. I am 18 now and don’t know if I would ever be able to give birth. I always cry when I am alone in my room. I wish that would have never happened but it’s too late.

I only believe that telling my story out would help prevent this situation from happening to someone else. Peer pressure is real. It happens every day without you realizing it. Take Charge of your life to secure a happy future.

No comments:

Post a Comment